Pre engineered building is a steel structure built over a structural concept of primary members, secondary members, and the cover sheeting connected to each other. The structural members are custom designed to be lighter in weight as well as high in strength.
Today and in the future, Steel has become the material of choice in building construction, compared to concrete and timber. Thus steel building designs have become more flexible, durable and adaptable.
Pre Engineered Steel Buildings (PEB) revolutionized the construction market using built-ups in place of conventional Hot Rolled Sections. Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings can be fitted with different structural additions like trusses, mezzanine floors, fascias, canopies and crane systems as per user requirements.
Pre-engineered buildings are ideal for use in non residential, wide span low rise buildings. Among the advantages of PEB is low cost, consistent quality control, and fast delivery to name a few. PEB buildings are used for diverse applications such as factories, warehouses, offices, shopping malls, schools, hospitals, community buildings and several more.
The basic parameters of PEB building are:
- Building Length : The between the outside from flanges of end wall columns in opposite end walls is considered the building length.
- Building Height : Building height is the eave height which usually is the distance from the bottom of the main frame column base plate to the top outer point of the eave strut. When columns are recessed or elevated from finished floor, eave height is the distance from finished floor level to top of eave strut.
- Roof Slope : This is the angle of roof with respect to the Horizontal. The most common roof slopes are 1/10 and 1/20. Though any practical roof slope is possible as per customer’s requirement.
- Design Loads : Unless otherwise specified PEB are designed for the following minimum loads:
Roof Live Loads
Design for snow loads, Seismic loads, collateral loads, or any other local climatic condition must be specified at the time of quotation.
Design Wind Speed
It is calculated as per location.
As a leading PEB manufacturer SML provides the complete service of engineering and fabrication thus ensuring better quality control at every stage of the process.
Pre engineered building consists of following components:
- Intermediate Frame : Rafter
- Intermediate Frame : Column
- Bearing Frame : Rafter
- Bearing Frame : Corner column
- Endwall column
- Tie rods for wind bracing
- Wind bracing
- Strut purlin for wind bracing
- Eave struct
- Rake angle
- Roof panels
- Wall panels
- Blanket insulation
- Foam Filler
- Inside gutter
- Valley gutter
- Sectional door
- Single door
- Parapet, Sidewall
- Parapet, endwall
- Crane runway
- Bridge crone